- a – it is (cf. la); Yallaa ko def. – It is God who did it. [Yalla + a]; Omar a ko wax. – It is Omar who said it. Man a. – It is I.
- balafoŋ bi – xylophone
- cof – to peck
- dey (de) – emphatic article; Man dey… As for me…
- e (a + e = ee) – a suffix making intransitive verbs transitive; genna to go out; gennee to put out
- custom/tradition – aada ji (Ar.)
- Adam – Aadama (a name given to a twin, the other being Hawa [Eve]); doom i Aadama yi – human beings
- desire/need – aajo ji (Ar.)
- whitish (to be) – weex-aale
- protect (to) – aar; kaar gi – protection; aar yaram wi – to protect the body
Source: David P. Gamble – Gambian Wolof – English Dictionary
This is not making sense huh!